November 9, 2013 by taralynnehall
For me, November is a time to reflect on the things we are thankful for. A lot of the things on my Facebook news feed right now start with “Day #: I am thankful for…” While I am not very good at the whole “doing something consistently for 30 days” thing, I thought I could publicly show my thankfulness in the form of a single blog post.
1) I am thankful for Friday afternoons. There is nothing quite like the elation of leaving the office at 5 p.m. on a Friday. The work-week is behind you, and it’s blue skies and smooth sailing for at least two days before it all starts again. Friday afternoons beckon adventure to come, and worries to go away.
2) I am thankful for my mom, who is everything I want to be when I grow up.
3) I am thankful for my puppies, and their undying love and loyalty. Especially when we don’t deserve it.
4) I am thankful for my BFF-F-F-F-F, Misty, who lets me give her romantic advice with only the knowledge I have gained from movies and sitcoms.
5) I am thankful for my day job. I am so blessed to have a steady income, enjoyable work, and interesting coworkers.
6) I am thankful for movies. I will willingly spend any amount of time watching just about any type of film. I love them all: the award-winning, the terrible, the sci-fi, the drama, the rom-com, the action, the foreign, the indie.
7) I am thankful for my husband, who cares for me when I am sick, endures and even encourages my adventurous spirit, and keeps me laughing every step of the way.
8) I am thankful for my dad, whose work ethic and sense of humor have inspired my own.
9) I am thankful for cookies. Enough said.
10) I am thankful for fantastic in-laws. The internet is full of horror stories about how awful it can be to bring another entire family into your life, but I have been blessed with caring, generous people as my second family.
11) I am thankful for music.
12) I am thankful for Saturdays. I just love having an entire day to stay at home and not have to be anywhere.
12) I am thankful for my siblings. They have each added a layer of richness to my life.
13) I am thankful for my puppies. And the cat, I suppose.
14) I am thankful for the internet. The entire world’s knowledge at my fingertips. I love it!
15) I am thankful for my education. I didn’t like high school much, but I loved attending Evangel University for college. And I am thankful that my parents made it possible for me to attend.
16) I am thankful for my beautiful home. When Husband and I got married, we didn’t figure we would purchase a house for at least five years. Here we are closing in on our three year anniversary, and we are celebrating a full year in our very own house.
17) I am thankful for my God. Without Him, none of the above would be what it is. I have been incredibly blessed in so many ways.